De la Mar Apartments – 115 W. Olympic Place
The De la Mar was built at the east end of West Olympic Place, as a private hotel for the Kinnear's' guests. It opened in 1909, in time for the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition.
The style is neo-Classical, based on a Florentine villa that Kinnear saw on his travels. Its formal courtyard features a pond and a marble statue. The facade has three-story terra cotta pilasters topped by fluted capitals. A highly ornamented frieze and cornice edge the building, topped by a terra cotta balustrade. Windows are highly detailed. There are 39 units, averaging over 1,000 square feet each.
Read an article about the De la Mar Apartments at HistoryLink.org.
The apartment building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 18 1980. Read it's nomination for historical designation, which include details about its history and architecture. View photos submitted with the nomination.