Built in 1903, the Charles Lilly family lived in house until some time after 1930. Mr. Lilly was the owner of Lilly, Bogardus Seed Company.
By 1934 John Springer (VP Continental Coal) and his family resided in the house with daughters Jeanette, Clara Marie, and Jacqueline.
The house was owned by M.K. Whitledge in 1951 and torn down in 1956.