Water first filled the Ballard Locks on February 2, 1916. The federal government and the Army Corps of Engineers celebrated the completion of the Lake Washington Ship Canal with a grand parade of boards led by the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt on July 4, 1917. The Queen Anne Historical Society is marking the canal’s centennial in cooperation with 4Culture and many of the historical organizations along the canal, on Lake Union and Lake Washington. We’ll post interesting photos here as they become available.