In 1903, Seattle Fire Station No. 24 opened on Fifth Avenue West at West Galer Street near West Queen Anne Elementary School. Until the mid-1920s, the station housed fire companies using horse-drawn ladder and hose wagons. The building was remodeled in 1925 when the department bought motorized fire trucks. The station was closed in 1949 and subsequently demolished.
Read more about the history of the Seattle Fire Department at the Last Resort Fire Department website.