Historic Schools

Mercer School

West Queen Anne School

John Hay School

Queen Anne High School

Alexander Hall – 315 W Bertona St

Seattle Seminary, Alexander Hall, 1893
Seattle Seminary, Alexander Hall, 1893

In 1878, Nils B. Peterson, a member of the Free Methodist Church, donated five acres of his farm’s kitchen garden for the seminary. The farm ran from to Eighth Ave. W. to First Avenue W., across 80 acres of land homesteaded by Peterson. (Forty of Peterson’s acres eventually became the Mount Pleasant Cemetery at the top of Queen Anne Hill.) The Oregon and Washington Conference of the Free Methodist Church organized the school to train and educate missionaries. Nils Peterson served as an early trustee. …Continue reading “Alexander Hall – 315 W Bertona St”