Known as the “Wedding Cake House”, the William Shoudy House once stood at the southeast corner of Queen Anne Avenue and Thomas Streets. Built for the Shoudy family ca. 1885, William Shoudy was soon to become mayor of Seattle in a close election the following year. Shoudy came west with Thomas Mercer, Aaron Mercer, Dexter Horton, and the Bagley’s in a wagon train over the Oregon Trail. Horton invited him to partner in a Seattle business which brought him north from Oregon. By 1945, the house had been torn down. Today an apartment building occupies the site.