Taking up the northeast corner of Warren and Ward Streets, the home was built for James A. and Vera Gibbs, who moved in around 1931. Mr. Gibbs was President of Gibbs & Hudson Inc. Securities at the time, having previously been employed as President of Enterprise Securities. They moved into the home from another Queen Anne location farther back on the hill, but still on Warren Avenue North (2445). They remained there at least through 1939.The property includes a separate bungalow with garage underneath, as well as gardens in front and side, a second large garage under the gardens, and a beautiful view of downtown Seattle, including the Space Needle. The interior of the house was extensively remodeled, and the exterior was restored in 2003. A new addition was made to the east side of the home at that time.
The house is a Seattle Designated Landmark.
The house is believed to be modeled after the Albert Rhodes house located at 1901 10th Ave. E. on Capitol Hill. Designed by A. Warren Gould in 1913-14, the Rhodes House predates the Gibbs House by a significant number of years.
2016 update here