The first St. Anne Church, completed in 1908, stood on the corner of Lee Street and 2nd Ave. W. The style was California Mission.
Its stucco walls did not last long in the damp. In 1926, the church was practically rebuilt. Its exterior was replaced with cedar shingles. The interior of the church was also completely redecorated. The large cross and statue of St. Anne and Mary were lit by electric lights, making them prominent Queen Anne landmarks at night.
The current St. Anne Catholic Parish, located next door to the original church, was completed in 1963. The old church was torn down in the mid-1960’s. …Continue reading “St Anne Catholic Church – 2nd Ave W & W Lee”